To kick off Back to School Month, The Madames are discussing Good Will Hunting, released in 1997.
And they have A LOT to talk about when it comes to this modern classic, including…
- The movie’s indictment of toxic masculinity
- How the hell two 20-somethings wrote this screenplay
- The genius that was Robin Williams
- Gus Van Sant’s low-key masterclass on production design
Last but not least, we wonder if Ben Affleck married JLo in Chucky’s white tracksuit.
Good Will Hunting is directed by Gus Van Sant and stars Matt Damon, Robin Williams, Stellan Skarsgard, Minnie Driver, Ben Affleck, and Casey Affleck.
Social media can get glitchy. So to ensure you can always stay in touch with us even if Twitter or Instagram goes haywire, join our email list.
Donate to or share Kris’s GoFundMe campaign here.
Get a 15-day free trial of Backblaze: https://www.backblaze.com/cloud-backup.html#af9xp9
This episode is also available on our website.
We always want to hear YOUR thoughts on the movies we cover, so email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have THINGS TO SAY.
Or come chat with us on social media @TheMadamesPod
Ways to Support the Show:
- Tell your friends to check us out wherever they get their podcasts
- Leave us a 5-star rating & review on iTunes
Want access to VIP content? Head over to our Patreon to unlock more episodes & goodies.